With Rocky Trail Entertainment one of Australia’s major private mountain bike events promoter and trail advocate group will return to the sweet Sugar Bag trails with a full weekend of mountain bike racing. The three-day event will feature four competitions supported by the Sunshine Council and endorsed by the local CORCA MTB Club.
The line-up includes a sold-out Rocky Trail Academy schools event for over 300 secondary students from 22 schools on the Fridayf as well as a 4-hour cross-country endurance competition with the Shimano MTB Grand Prix on the Saturday morning. The afternoon will be action-packed with the Rocky Trail Pump Track Shootout on the new facility at Sugar Bag. Gravity and BMX riding groups from all over QLD and interstate are keen to take on the local rider Jayce Cunning, who is the reigning Pump Track Australian National Champion. On Sunday Rocky Trail is supporting the local club who will host the Australian Singlespeed Nationals, which will attract an eclectic and passionate field of riders from all over the country to the Sunshine Coast.
Friday: Rocky Trail Academy Schools Competition – Sunshine Coast Edition
- Registration from 7am, racing from 9am – 2pm.
- 4 race tracks challenging the riders on endurance, speed and technical ability
- Championship School title score
- Event sold out – for the wait list visit the event website
Saturday: Shimano MTB GP 4 Hour
- Registration from 7am, racing from 9am – 1pm.
- Ceremony from 2pm.
- Rocky Trail QLD XC Series final event.
- Elite and age group categories incl. juniors and eBikes.
- 4-hour lap race on ~8km circuit
- Online registration still open, on the day rego possible.
Saturday: Rocky Trail’s Pump Track Shootout
- Registration from 2pm
- Expect some fast paced pump track action at the Sugar Bag Pump Track.
- 4 heats to determine the outright Male and Female winners.
- At the start: Jayce Cunning, Australian National Pump Track Champ
- Race participants across a wide range of age groups can clock in multiple race times and the fastest group of racers in male and female classifications will progress through the final Shootout Heat.
Sunday: Australian Singlespeed Nationals
- Registration from 7:30am, racing starts at 9am
- Format: 3 laps.
- The Single Speed Nationals have long been heralded as the most fun you can have on a bike, expect a fun and eclectic group of racers from all over the country.
- After a long wait we are pleased to announce 2022 is happening after locked state boarders in 2021.
- The local Sunny coast community are again teaming up with the Rocky Trail CREW to bring the party to town.
- Visit FB event for Fri + Sat side program
For more information, visit https://rockytrailentertainment.com/rocky-trail-weekenders/sunshine-coast-mountain-bike-epic/