Celebrate your love of nature and be a #rockytrailracer at the Jetblack Wild Wombat MTB Challenge on 1 December 2018 in Mogo near Batemans Bay in the beautiful Eurobodalla Shire on the NSW South Coast. The Rocky Trail crew spent a week in and around Mogo and we documented our stay to give you a taste of this #rockytraildestination! Our highlight: cuddling a WOMBAT!
Here is what we experienced and what’s featured in the video:
- We stayed in the picturesque village of Mogo first at The Original Goldrush Colony. After breakfast at a local cafe we tried our luck at panning for gold at the Goldrush Colony – this is one of the principal accommodation partners of the event.
- Then we explored the local shops in Mogo.
- Next stop was the Birdland Animal Park in nearby Batemans Bay where Juliane got to meet our Wild Wombat’s mates and got up close with one of them – at 18 months old this little lady weighed in at 10kg and is expected to grow to be a whopping 50kg!
- While Martin did a loop around the Dam in Mogo, we headed to Barlings Beach were we stayed for a couple of days at the Barlings Beach Holiday Park – this is one of the principal accommodation partners of the event.
- The local Eurobodalla MTB Club had organised a “MTB Try Day” and we got right in amongst all the action, checking out the popular Dam Loop and doing a few cheeky timed runs down the RA50!
- Of course, the perfect way to end a day in the Eurobodalla Shire is to have a couple of oysters and bubbly by the water – we had a beautiful meal at JJ’s at the Marina!
Have we tempted you? So come and join other mountain bikers for an awesome race on the popular ‘Dam Loop’ in Mogo and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of tall forests, rivers and beaches in this unspoiled coastal wilderness.
Bring your friends and family along!
Great for spectators to see the mountain bike racing action up close – entry to the event centre is free. In walking distance from the event centre you can discover the beautiful Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden and its surrounds – bring the family and stay for the weekend in and around Batemans Bay, the holiday paradise on the South Coast. Check out the location tab on the event website for more details.
Video production with thanks to Faber Film.