Do you want to be a volunteer at the MITAS Terra in the Berra / AMB100 Marathon event weekend at Stromlo Forest Park in 2019? Join the enthusiastic Rocky Trail crew who will deliver this three-day mountain biking event under the patronage of CORC (Canberra Off-Road Cycling Club) on the weekend of 27-29 September 2019.
Roles that need to be filled include:
- Route marshalls (stationary, roving marshals and sweep riders)
- Feed zone support
- Timing point support
What’s in it for you?
An entry voucher for a Solo Rider to the 2020 Shimano MTB Grand Prix at Stromlo Forest Park; the voucher can be redeemed with a team registration – contact the Rocky Trail crew at the time and we can set up the entry code accordingly.
The event schedule overview is as follows:
Day 1 – Friday, 27 September, Majura Pines
Ease into a cruisy spring weekend with a Friday afternoon at Mount Majura Vineyard! After a short-course cross-country race at Majura Pines enjoy an evening with local wines, food and live music right in the heart of the beautiful winery.
- Volunteers required: roving and sweep marshals
Day 2 – Saturday, 28 September, Stromlo base
On day two the event moves to Stromlo Forest Park, the epicenter of Canberra’s mountain biking action. A 43 km loop with two timed race stages will take you to Kambah Pools and Pine Island via the Centenary Trail and along the banks of the iconic Murrumbidgee River. An e-Bike Demo Day will entertain you at Stromlo as well as food trucks, delicious local brews and a Pump Track Challenge. Little shredders will love the Kids MTB Fair!
- Stationary marshals on road crossings
- Roving marshals along the 43km riding and race stage – you will accompany our race participants along the stage, helping out along the way, reporting mechanicals and medial incidents; note specificl medical staff will be positioned on strategic points along the way and is mobile
- Sweep riders who follow the peloton around the course
- Feed zone support – be the friendly face that awaits our racers at key race locations (incl. Kambah Pool stage race start, Pine Island race finish, Tuggeranong Vikings Club, Hill Climb challenge Cooleman Ridge); cheer them on and help look after the riders (e.g. maintain feedzone, cutting up fruit etc.)
- Timing point support (monitor timing system, help direct racers)
- Kids activities support – help the Dynamic Motivation Crew in the event centre with kids activities (Working with Children Check required)
Day 3 – Sunday, 29 September, Stromlo Forest Park
The AMB 100 Marathon is on of Rocky Trail’s flagship cross-country events, with its unique ‘monster circuit’ at Stromlo Forest Park. The event offers a 25-30km race loop, connecting the most trail sections of any event held at Stromlo Forest Park. Depending on their chosen race option, Terra in the Berra participants will do one or two laps.
- Stationary marshals on intersection Double Dissolution/Pork Barrell – this is a medic station too – we have a feed zone set up there with water, fresh fruit and lollies there too
- Roving marshals along the 25-30km racing circuit at Stromlo Forest Park – you will accompany our race participants along the stage, helping out along the way, reporting mechanicals and medial incidents; note specificl medical staff will be positioned on strategic points along the way and is mobile
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to put up your hand!