We proudly announce that Shingleback Off-Road has come on board as sponsor for the Rocky Trail Academy events!
The Rocky Trail Academy junior development programme is quickly establishing itself as a major component of our events portfolio and has claimed an even bigger part of our hearts. For us it’s all about fostering the grass-roots development of the cycling sport and over the next 12-24 months we will invest even more of our time and efforts into the sustainable growth of the programme. We plan to expand the popular line-up in QLD into NSW first and our future planning will include the other States too.
Shingleback Off-Road is simply put a great fit with the programme – firstly, because it is an all-Australian company founded by a MTB riding and racing family. They are all about getting out there and having fun – just like we do and it’s what inspired the Rocky Trail Academy events. The Shingleback racks are designed to be a simple tool to get us where you really want to be quickly, safely and with minimal fuss!
Plus, we love that many of the high-profile Australian Shingleback Off-Road Ambassadors have been #rockytrailracers since their early junior days, including Sian and Kye A’Hern and Jackson Frew. We are proud that with Rocky Trail Academy events we can offer a “playground” and launch pads for talented riders like them. Shingleback Off-Road has that same philosophy, which sealed the deal.
About our Rocky Trail Academy Programme
Geared towards secondary school students these events are held on a Friday and not only engage youth in healthy social and active recreation but brings a heightened appreciation of nature, the environment, self-reliance , self-learning and independence, all as part of riding a bike in the outdoors. By extension, this program also engages and educates teachers and parents.
It is all about encouraging students of all abilities to come and race with their mates in a safe and social environment. They will have an exciting racing experience and enjoy a fun event atmosphere together – great memories to share! Students will have the opportunity to test their riding ability across three skill areas on some of the most popular mountain bike trails across QLD, NSW, ACT and in VIC – Endurance, Speed and Technical Skills.
The programme was the brain child of Bob Morris, one of our Race Directors, who looked to create a format that tested multiple skills of mountain biking, whilst challenging the skilled pinner and yet providing an opportunity for riders of all abilities to have a go. Courses are designed to have a flat pedal for XC riders to excel, a technical gravity track for the gravity pinners to shine and a flow track for the funsters to speed down. Format duplicates our very popular Fox Superflow, 3 tracks, multiple runs, live timing, in a social safe environment.
Watching the growth of schools offering Mountain Bike programs as a school sport just demonstrates the tremendous popularity of Mountain Biking in the community and the benefits to all. As such Jo Parker the Programme and Event Manager strives to see #morekidsonbikes and #moregirlsonbikes
About Shingleback Off-Road
Located in North East Victoria and established in 2017 by Andrew and Kimberley Taylor, Shingleback Off-Road innovates, creates, builds and retails hassle-free, multi-purpose vertical bike racks and MTB trailers. Helping to bridge the gap between the ever evolving bicycle scene, time poor families and the great outdoors the Shingleback range of easy to use bike racks and trailers encourages more people to explore biking and our wonderful country.
The features of the Australian Shingleback lizard are the philosophy behind all the products we innovate, design and build – tough, practical, and built to survive in the harshest of environments.
Shingleback Never Compromises
- Shingleback Off-Road is 100% Australian owned and all our products are proudly Australian designed and made. We are humbled to bring both sporting pleasure to our Shingleback customers nationwide, and engaging employment to our teams across High Country Victoria.
- We source, we test and we stand-with our products and the parts that make up our products. We have a 10 year Product Warranty.
- We will always be innovating. With the huge growth in cycling, and cycling types, we will always try to be at the forefront of design and product innovation.
- We support, foster and encourage all shredders – big, small, pinners and joeys! Our mission is to do more to support kids and women across cycling, especially MTB.
- We are always there for you. You can call us or email us anytime during business hours. We will always get back to you within a day.
And here’s a long list of why we think that Shingleback will add true value to our portfolio of supporters for our #rockytrailracers:
- Quality – First to market innovators
- Simple design that works, looks smart and neat
- Trusted, over 60 5 star google reviews
- Industry respect – partnerships with major MTB destinations and brands & world class athletes
- Independent industry reviews
- Broad range of stockists across Australia
- Proven design, over 4 years old and still going strong
- Bungee loops are quick, simple, strong, neat – Australian Made, UV resistant and marine grade
- Options to achieve the best fit to a diverse range of vehicles
- Full accessory suite to get the most out of the rack including swing arm that is designed exclusively for Shingleback racks to maximise safety and performance
- Best practice in customer service from first enquiry right through ownership – clear descriptions, clear FAQs, instructions and warranty information provided
- Focus and commitment on user safety and product quality
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting grassroots MTB riders & community
- Fast turnaround from time of ordering
Meet the founders
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)