This is gravel at its best!
Introducing EFFERVELO and its mission to connect riders and capture the excitement and buzz of gravel riding on those Champagne Gravel surfaces.
“Effervelo” is Rocky Trail Entertainment’s take on gravel. It is a supported un-timed ride with three distances on low-traffic gravel roads, taking you on a Champagne Gravel Quest for “effervescence”.
This event is open to everyone, whether you’re a hardcore gravel enthusiast, a road rider looking for something different, or a mountain biker seeking fresh excitement. We welcome those who are curious about getting dirty too!
Starting at Cotter Reserve just 30 minutes outside of Canberra we take you on low-traffic gravel roads. Immerse yourself in nature’s beauty, and uncover hidden gems along the way. Get ready for awe-inspiring views and unforgettable moments.
Three In One – You Pick Your Distance!
Choose from three challenging distances, push your limits, and be supported every step of the way by our dedicated team.
- The Champagne Epic – 101km loop with 2500m climbing
- The Fizzy Frenzy – 65km loop with 1650m climbing
- The Bubbly Dash – 45km loop with 1050m climbing
What’s the Format?
Effervelo is a supported un-timed ride with three distances on
low-traffic gravel roads, taking its riders on a “Champagne Gravel Quest”.
- choose from three distance challenges
- ride is supported by the Rocky Trail crew incl. first aid and multiple feed zones
- participants are required to ride with a GPS navigation device (GPX course file provided in lead-up)
- riders pass feed zones (serve as check points) regularly
- riders are tracked via chipped number plates
- start and finish are in the same location
- your entry includes transponder bib, product samples, event photos, feed zone nutrition supplies as well as event hub finisher meal & drink
- finisher medal and gift included
This event is catered, the entry includes:
- feed zones offer water, electrolyte hydration and high-quality sports nutrition to keep you fuelled, plus energy snacks and fresh fruit
- the event hub will provide recovery nutrition after the ride – a delicious finisher menu awaits with a great selection of grab-and-go and warm meals.
|Distance||Early Bird Entry Fees|
(ends 15 Sept 2023)
|Event Entry Fee|
(from 16 Sept 2023)
THE CHAMPAGNE EPIC
THE FIZZY FRENZY
THE BUBBLY DASH
All fees are per person. Age determination day is December 31 of the current year, meaning how old you are at the end of the year determines which Age group category you can enter.
Your Effervelo registration includes the following:
- Catered gravel journey
- Feedzone supplies (refuel hydration, energy food, light meals)
- Finisher meal & drink
- Starter pack with energy gel & product samples
- Finisher medal
- Finisher gift
- GPX file of the courses – all participants are required to ride with a GPS navigation device, following the GPX file that’s provided in the final rider briefing.
- Personalised Number Plate with tracking chip & tracking
- Event Village with music and garden fete atmosphere
- Photos of you on track
- Support Crew, First Aid and Emergency Comms Services (note very limited to no phone reception on course)
- Food, Coffee & Drinks Vendors
The following schedule may be subject to change:
- 7:00am Registration Open
- 8:00am – Start Champagne Epic 100km
- 8.30am – Start Fizz Frenzy 65km
- 9:00am – Start Bubbly Dash 45km
- 11:00am-3:00pm – Effervelo food zone opens for returning riders at event centre
- 4:00pm – Last riders back to event centre
- 5:00pm – Event Close
Need To Transfer or Cancel Entry
I Wish To Transfer
In case you can’t make it to the event you can transfer it to someone else or use it for a future event, but you have to let us know before the event by sending an email to email@example.com
I Wish To Cancel
If you wish to cancel your entry simply send us an email. No need for doctor’s certificates or any explanations.
Up to 1 week prior to the event you will receive 80% of your entry back. With less than a week to go we are not able to do refunds but you can either transfer the entry to someone else or get it credited towards another Rocky Trail Entertainment within the next 12 months. We are not able to give any refunds or credits after the race has commenced..
All Rocky Trail events have the Ecotourism Australia Nature Certification status. This ECO Certification program is a world first and it has been developed to address the need to identify genuine nature and ecotourism operators. This means that with Rocky Trail you are guaranteed to be part of a genuine and authentic trail-based nature experience that looks after the environment.
Our Sustainability Pledge – We encourage our racers to follow some simple tips to ‘tread softly’ when visiting the bush and minimise damage to the natural environment. These guidelines are laid out in our Sustainability Policy and will be communicated and encouraged via Rider Briefings and at the events.
You are responsible to cover yourself for the race.
Flip Insurance is a new Event Partner for Fox Superflow® and Rocky Trail endurance events; you can find some more information here.