Weather update Friday 9am:
We are very disappointed having to announce that both events this weekend at Thredbo need to be called off. The latest forecast is for a cold front to come through on Saturday afternoon with potentially large amounts of snowfall. As it will remain cold over night into Sunday this snow is very likely to be covering the entire track as well as the Thredbo village. After a meeting with Thredbo MTB this morning it was decided that the chance of the track being open on Sunday is extremely slim and the decision was made to cancel both events.
We of course looked at alternative dates but unfortunately weren’t able to find one that suited.
All entry fees will of course be refunded in full. We will start doing that as soon as we get back home.
You don’t have to do anything for that – the refunds will be issued directly to your credit card or paypal account.
As far as other travel costs occurred to you we unfortunately have no influence with those and you need to check with your accommodation in regards to their cancellation policies.
In short: this sucks big time and we are very disappointed ourselves, but MTBing is an outdoor sport and if the weather doesn’t allow racing then there is very little we can do about it. We did our best keeping you in the loop with all the decisions made.
In the coming weeks we will be looking at the calendar and potential venues to still run these 2 events in 2019 but for the time being we look forward to seeing you at the Fox Superflow season opener in Stromlo on 2 June.
We thank you for your understanding!
Martin and the Rocky Trail crew