Welcome to the Fox Superflow® 2022 Round 2 of the NSW/ACT Series in Cooma in the Snowy Mountains Region!
RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
[coming soon (uploading now)]
We have you covered across the weekend with many local businesses coming out and supporting the event. Remember:
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors KRUSH
- Jack Moir will be attending Saturday morning, come and say hi and get your gear signed.
- For those who can stay around for Sunday we will announce and acknowledge the winners, but don’t worry if you can’t, your winning podium voucher will be emailed to you.
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
ABOUT the venue
Mount Gladstone Mountain Bike Park, Cooma NSW
We are looking forward to racing on the home trails of The Snowy Mountains MTB Club – this is a social MTB club whose focus is on building awesome trails and riding in the Cooma area. We can’t wait to bring the first Rocky Trail race to Cooma.
The Club has been busy with lots of slashing, giving us a grassy Event Hub and ample parking for all! The Event Hub is located a quick 5-minutes from the CBD, just off the Snowy Mountain Highway. Turn into Greendale Road and proceed to the carpark.
All 2WD cars are to park in the primary car park with 4WD proceeding into the slashed field. Please follow the directions of the Volunteers and RTE Crew.
Race tracks used
You can check the race track previews by Josh Carslon below; note the only major change is that the FOX track will be including the recently opened TOP SECTION of the Amaroo trail as well!
- Fox track: Starting next to the comms tower, riders will bomb Rubber Side Down. Length 1.0km Vert 125m.
- Stans track: Sharing the first 50m of the FOX track before staying left to run Shred Flanders. Length 1.6km Vert 140m.
- Lazer track: Gladiator onto Dead or Alive to finish on the fun stuff with whale tails and jumps. Length 2.4km Vert 140m.
- LIAISON options (un-timed);
- Quickest to the start is via East Fire Trail and Kick Start my Heart.
- Easiest climb to start Mt Gladstone fire trail onto Longview.
- Do not ride or shuttle up the road.
The region is known as the Gateway to the Snowy Mountains and this weekend the gates have been let open. The NSW Coast has been hammered with rain and it looks like we may start to receive a little precipitation from Sat which will settle the dust. The hot tip of the weekend is to dress warm as the mix of winds, rain and low temps will remind us winter is coming.
The Fox Superflow format provides so many options to the rider, and this weekend the opportunity to race three tracks:
- Tackle the 15 timed runs or just do one on each track.
- 6.5 hours available with all the support you need.
- Select Saturday or Sunday
- REMEMBER NO SHUTTLES ARE ALLOWED.
Don’t forget liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab your mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded for your effort.
You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Schedule – for all participants
7.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
8.30am – Jack Moir in the house – come and meet Jack!
9.00am – 3.30pm Saturday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
Daylight Saving Starts!
REMEMBER that daylight savings will end on Sunday 3rd April at 3am – so remember to turn your clocks BACK by one hour for Sunday timings.
7.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Sunday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
3.45pm Event Wrap Up
You choose either Saturday or Sunday as your race day during the registration process.
- A virtual podium presentation will be posted online after the race.
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail series podium plates will be posted.
Attention: Riders please carry plenty of water!
First Fox Superflow?
Yeow!! Welcome to the Rocky Trail Tribe! It’s a very chilled out vibe, you’ll see and you can make the day YOUR adventure. All our crew are very chatty, so do talk to them at rego and at the starts, they will be more than happy to support and talk you through things. Come to the rego tent first to pick up your plate and then it all falls into place. Here are some blogs that may be helpful, plus we are emailing the rider briefing out today as well:
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
We thank the support of local businesses across the weekend;
- Food & Catering: Rotary Club of Cooma will be on site all day. Come and support the local community. Check out the Menu below:
Steak Sandwiches 10 (+4 for Each extra)
Sausage Sandwiches 6
Bacon & Egg Burgers 6
Kransky with sauerkraut 10
Fresh sandwiches – salad and meat (+Gluten Free) 10
Cool Drinks 2.5
Coffee ( BAGS ONLY) 4
Lollies (Red for power!)
- Tech Support: Local bike and ski shop Rhythm will be available to assist
- Fox Factory Australia Suspension Crew are here again to support our riding community.
- Snowy MTB Club will be on site with merch and happy to have a chat re the trail network
- The Bike’n’Shocks crew is booked in to come to Cooma!
- Event centre: is located at the main car park.
- Parking: please follow instructions of staff, if required.
- Toilets: The car park has port-a-loos.
- Camping: is not allowed.
- Water: Bring your own water – no facility on site.
- MEDICAL: On-site in the event centre and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
- TEAM TENTS – Are welcome – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot near the Event Hub – plenty of space available!
Plan your Visit
This event is endorsed by the Snowy Monaro Regional Council. Head to their Visitor Information site to plan your trip.
What’s on at the race
Autograph session with Jack Moir
On Saturday, EWS Champion Jack Moir will be at Ourimbah signing these epic posters! What an absolute legend. – It’s our dream that a young world champ has this poster on their wall!
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Limited stock, new designs dropping in 2022! Get Rocky Trail T-shirts ($35) and hoodies ($65) for that post-race recovery chill!
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- NEW Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Outer Image Collective photographers will be on site to snap that action photo you have been dreaming about.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand either Saturday or Sunday complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at email@example.com to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates including any new COVID restriction announcements mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if QLD tips upside down like the other states.
Rider List and Results
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Race Director – Bob Morris 0458 299 558
Event Manager – Jo Parker 0424 955 332
Media Liaison & Comms – Juliane Wisata 0416 737 972
COVID-specific Event Guidelines
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe?
Rocky Trail Covid-19 safety guidelines:
- BEFORE THE RACE: If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu.
- If you have a fever.
- ON RACE DAY: There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- ACCESS: Race tracks are closed to the general public.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip from the rego and info point – check the schedule for opening times.
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: Please adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at a start line please leave a bike length between each other.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Access race results via the website.
- Giveaways for every racer.
Now, get ready!
Rocky Trail race vibes on the go!
Listen to Rocky Trail Radio powered by earSHOTS to get ready to race!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
You must be logged in to post a comment.