Race the three-day MITAS Terra in the Berra for a celebration of the vibrant cycling and mountain biking lifestyle in Canberra! Majura Pines, Centenary and, Murrumbidgee River Trails and lots of fun for the whole family with a Kids MTB Fair, AMB100 Marathon and the Hills & Hops Festival at Stromlo Forest Park!
This is the official Rider Briefing for Rocky Trail competitors on the event weekend.
|28 September |
|Your 3-day MTB Mission in Canberra!||Conquer the Stromlo monster circuit!||Rocky Trail Kids MTB Fair|
|FIND OUT MORE…||FIND OUT MORE…||FIND OUT MORE…|
|Online rego closes Thur, 6pm||Online rego closes Fri, 6pm||Online rego closes Fri, 6pm|
|Online rego only.||Sign-up on the day entry plus $10 late fee||Rego on-the-day available|
Due to popular demand: Saturday-only entry code
Day two will be an absolute treat! We will take you to Kambah Pools and Pine Island along the banks of the iconic Murrumbidgee River and back via the Centenary Trail. This route has never been used in an organised cycling event before and will be an incredible experience – fully supported with feedzones, medical staff, photos included. How to sign-up for Saturday only:
- Register for the full Terra in the Berra RACE event
- Use the registration code SATONLY at the check-out
- The entry for Saturday only is $66
The Mitas Terra in the Berra is a three-day mountain bike event in Canberra. Under the patronage of the Canberra Off-Road Cyclist Club it promises to be a celebration of the vibrant cycling lifestyle in the Capital.
In 2019 the event will be run by Rocky Trail Entertainment and we are hosting it together with our AMB 100 Marathon, which will still remain a stand-alone race and you can register for it separately, still choosing from the single, double, triple or miler five-loop challenges on the unique monster circuit at Stromlo Forest Park.
Mitas Terra in the Berra competitors can choose two race options:
|RACE MISSION||EXPERIENCE MISSION|
|Friday 3 lap XCO|
Saturday 43km ride with 2 time trial sections
Sunday AMB100 Double
Entry for all 3 days: $150 (incl. AMB 100 Double-lap)
|Friday 1 lap XCO|
Saturday 43km ride with 2 time trial sections
Sunday AMB100 Single
Entry for all 3 days: $120 (incl. AMB 100 Single-lap)
Day 1: Ease into a cruisy spring weekend with a Friday afternoon at Mount Majura Vineyard! After a short-course cross-country race at Majura Pines enjoy an evening with local wines, pizza and live music right in the heart of the beautiful winery.
Day 2: the event moves to Stromlo Forest Park, the epicenter of Canberra’s mountain biking action. A 43 km loop with two timed race stages will take you to Kambah Pools and Pine Island along the banks of the iconic Murrumbidgee River. Return via the Centenary Trail and Coleman Ridge with spectacular views over the Capital.
There will also be food trucks, delicious local brews and a Pump Track Challenge at the Hills and Hops Festival by The Handlebar.
Little shredders will love our the kids activities and the Rocky Trail Kids MTB Fair!
Day 3: will be testing your endurance with the AMB 100 Marathon – conquer the infamous ‘monster circuit’, which includes the most trails sections in any event held at Stromlo Forest Park!
The perfect weekend for mountain bikers and their foodie friends and families!
This is the tenth year of Rocky Trail events in Canberra and at Stromlo Forest Park and we invite you to make this a Spring MTB weekend getaway to the Capital! There are so many things to see and do off the race track. There are a lot of ‘bike-loving places to stay‘ in Canberra and why not go on a hunt for the perfect ‘Instagram Moment‘? Check out what other events are on that weekend here and follow our event blog for more ideas!
The Abode Hotel Group is offering a discounted rate for all #rockytrailracer this weekend – enter the discount code BOOKSMART when you book via their website to get 7% off their best rate!
There are six locations in and around Canberra – there are four close to the event centre – in order of vicinity to Stromlo Forest Park: Woden, Kingston, Tuggeranong and Nurrabundah.
For more options, visit the Canberra Tourist Information portal:
Below is information about the VENUE LOCATION of the event and find a detailed SCHEDULE on the event website HERE…
Day 1 | Friday, 27 September
The event centre on Day 1 will be based at Mount Majura Vineyard, 88 Lime Kiln Road, Majura ACT 2609 – the race will be held at Majura Pines and the trail network starts right next to the winery. More information about Mount Majura Vineyard can be found here: www.mountmajura.com.au
Parking: please enter the event centre via the cellar door entrance and then follow our marshalls instructions – parking is reserved for us in the paddock to the right of the entry gate.
Day 2+3 | Saturday, 29 September / Sunday, 29 September
The event centre on Days 2 and 3 is based at Stromlo Forest Park. It is a public MTB track and you can ride it in the lead up to the race. You can camp at the Stromlo car park and event centre on the Saturday night.
Parking: Park at the main car park at Stromlo Forest Park. More information about Stromlo Forest Park can be found here: www.stromloforestpark.com.au
Schedule & Race Track
Follow the link above to the race track map.
- XCO racing at Majura Pines on a 7.5km loop starting at Mount Majura Vineyard and finishing in the forecourt of the winery.
- 2:00 pm Registration opens
- 4:00 pm Race start on 7.5km loop around Majura Pines trail network – do 1 or 3 laps.
- Early evening Social late-afternoon and evening with pizza, beers & wines at Mount Majura Vineyard
- Relaxing afternoon post racing – ease into your cycling weekend with fellow mountain bikers, family and friends at Mount Majura Vineyard with delicious wine and pizzas by the crew from “The Wandering Woodfire Oven”
- Full schedule
Stromlo Forest Park to Tuggeranong Vikings Club
- 9am roll-out onto 42 km ride along Centenary and Murrumbidgee Trails with 2 race stages (13 km and 1 km hill climb with KOM/QOM classification) to Pine Island via Kambah Pools and back
- Feed/marshal point include Kambah Pools (timed start 1), Tuggeranong Vikings Club (timed finish 2), Coleman Ridge (timed start 2) and Hill Climb finish (timed finish 2)
- Volunteers WANTED – please spread the word to people who want to be a part of our event crew!
- We are sure you will enjoy the beautiful surrounds on this track and we must alert you to some of the wildlife that you will most likely encounter.
- It is Spring so you might come across creepy crawlers who are out and about, so please watch out for snakes in particular.
- During track marking of this stage particularly, Jo and Bob reported some magpie swoopings – they had several encounters at Pine Island and also on the liaison stage from there towards the Coleman Ridge hill climb. All along the river was fine, they actually had a wombat come and say hi!!
Stromlo Forest Park from 10am
- Kids MTB Fair by Rocky Trail with Dynamic Motivation (free activity) – every child must be accompanied by an adult/guardian.
- 10am-9pm Hills and Hops Spring Festival by The Handlebar
- 2pm Day 2 Ceremony Terra in the Berra
- Invite-only e-Bike Showrace from 3pm
- from 6pm Pump Track Challenge by The Handlebar
- Full Rocky Trail schedule
- Full Hills and Hops schedule
- AMB 100 Marathon on Rocky Trail’s ‘monster circuit’ at Stromlo Forest Park
- AMB 100 Marathon can still be entered as a standalone race
- 5am – Miler start (5 loops)
- 8am – Mass start Single, Double and Triple
- 8 am – Start for Terra in the Berra participants who complete Double (RACE) or Single (EXPERIENCE) loop
- 10am – Free kids race
- From midday: Prize ceremonies – Prize pool announcement
- Est. 12pm Terra in the Berra OVERALL Finisher presentation
- Est. 12pm Artwork Raffle Draw for Pedal4Pierce
- Full schedule
All rider photos included in your entry!
We will also have the FaberFilm Crew out on course with us all weekend!
Mobilising its national and international cycling network, Rocky Trail Entertainment secured the support of the Crocodile Trophy and the Outback Cycling Easter In the Alice, two major Australian stage races for the Mitas Terra in the Berra. For the eBike classification the award-winning touring company Southbound Escapes has been confirmed as category sponsor with prizes for the overall eBike winners.
We would like to thank our naming rights sponsor MITAS Tyres Australia who is providing product prizes as well as $500 total in cash prizes for the overall male and female Elite winners.
CLICK HERE for a detailed overview of the prizes.
Rocky Trail Entertainment will reward winners of adult classifications and Juniors (U18) in the EXPERIENCE event with local prizes and entries to their flagship endurance events, including the Jetblack Wild Wombat on the 1 December weekend in Bateman’s Bay, the Jetblack 24 Hour race in Lithgow in March 2020 as well as their events in the ACT and at Stromlo Forest Park. Naming rights sponsor MITAS Tyres Australia will provide an additional prize pool for spot prizes including tubless tape and tyres.
Artwork for Charity
To mark our 10-year Anniversary of Rocky Trail Events in the ACT and inspired by his racing experience at the AMB100 Marathon over the years Daniel Beresford created a beautiful painting, which we will give away to raise funds for our charity of choice Pedal4Pierce on the upcoming Rocky Trail Spring Racing Weekend in Canberra.
Daniel is from Wagga Wagga and has been a loyal #rockytrailracer and he has generously donated a canvas print of the original painting to us and we are running a raffle:
- Every competitors in the Mitas Terra in the Berra 3-day event and the AMB100 Marathon will automatically receive 1x entry into the draw!
- You can also buy additional entries for $5 at the event from the Rocky Trail rego desk.
Of course you can also buy a print through Daniel’s website ARTEFX – there are various sizes to choose from. There is a 10% discount code for #rockytrailracers too. FIND OUT MORE…
E-Bike friendly event
We are big supporters of eBikes – both Terra in the Berra and the AMB 100 Marathon offer E-Bike categories.
Will be LIVE via our Race Results Portal. LINK TO ONLINE RESULTS…
We will have a coffee van at Mount Majura Vineyard and the crew from “The Wandering Woodfire Oven” will crank out delicious pizzas for us! Yum! Of course the cellar door will be open for tastings – sit back with a beautiful glass of local wine among fellow mountain bikers in the picturesque setting of the winery.
On Saturday, there will be one feed zone/hydration stop on the loop, which you will pass twice (one the way south and back to Stromlo) on Kambah Pool Raod at the (1) 10km and (2) 33km marks.
On Sunday, there is a water tap on top of the Stromlo climb, which will be marked and it is also indicated on the trail map. About half-way around the circuit, the Dynamic Motivation crew will be setting up a feed zone/hydration zone at the intersection of Double Dissolution / Pork Barrell / Party Line. They will have lollies and water as well as electrolytes for you.
On Saturday back at Stromlo Forest Park the Hills and Hops Festival will dish up the works for you! From live music to free mountain bike hire and kids activities, to food vendors offering delicious food and beer brewers pouring some of their finest ales, this festival is set to be a great day out for the whole family.
On Sunday, The Handlebar will look after us at Stromlo Forest Park.
Please bring your own water and hydration.
The team from Cycle City will look after you on the Saturday at Stromlo Forest Park.
We will have the crew from FIZO Cycling on-site to assist you with mechanicals at Stromlo Forest Park on Sunday for the AMB 100 Marathon – they have some cool offers when it comes to bike service and set-up, have a chat to Jason “Moxy” Moxham and he can sort you out.
We will have marshall stations along the course, which will be equipped with the basics (pump, tools); please bring spare parts out onto the course with you.
Rules, Waiver, Frequently asked questions
Click through to our FAQ page. MORE INFO…
We are still looking for volunteer support on the weekend. MORE INFO…
The atmosphere in our event centre is friendly, happy and inclusive and you will see that our Race Director and Event Managers are very much in charge. We have been working with most of our suppliers for years – from first aiders to marshals to caterers to photographers, it is our top priority for you to have an amazing time out on your bike and to lend a helping (and rescuing) hand if need be.
Entertainment for visitors and kids
We welcome visitors and spectators and invite you to bring your families and kids and friends and parents and partners along to watch you race. For the little visitors we do colouring-in pages and little giveaways.
There is a Rocky Trail Kids MTB Fair on the Saturday and – if there are enough ‘starters’ – a fun and free kids race on the Sunday morning (starts around 10:30am) – these are very simple time-trial style races close to the event centre.
Did you know about the Rocky Trail Cruzee Kids Bike Fleet?
You must be logged in to post a comment.